The GMI Digital Manufacturing Centre is well-equipped with the latest PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) digital solution for the manufacturing industry, which includes a combination of CAD (Computer Aided Design), CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) and CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) solutions.
This is an optimal training methodology for Industry 4.0 where all manufacturing process is digitally twinned within the Digital Manufacturing Centre – where CAD is utilized to digitally twinned design works, CAM digitally twinned manufacturing process & CAE digitally twinned analysis/simulation works. Digital Manufacturing Centre will help in TVET training; hence, aligning the country’s direction towards Industry 4.0.
• To enable learners to undergo a ‘digital-based’ training of manufacturing processes, before proceeding to the workshop for actual machining or production operation.
• To enhance the capabilities on learning and teaching CAD, CAM and plastic processing simulation.
• To use CAD, CAM and plastic processing simulation application software for research and academic work in meeting the challenges of the industry.
• NX CAD Essentials Training
• NX Manufacturing Fundamentals Training
• Moldex 3D Plastic Product Analysis Training