GMI-LVD Sheet Metal Processing Technology Centre was officially established on 4th October 2018. It is one of the training facilities available under Sheet Metal Fabrication and Product Development (SMT) diploma programme. The technology centre is equipped with advanced LVD equipment which covers a wide range of sheet metal industry applications such as CAD/CAM, cutting and bending.
The computers in the technology centre are installed with user-friendly CAD/CAM software for offline programming. For cutting application, the technology centre is facilitated with both traditional machining process and non-traditional machining process equipment. A hydraulic press brake machine and a more advanced CNC press brake machine are also equipped in the technology centre for bending application. The complete package of facilities in this Sheet Metal Processing Technology Centre serve as a one-stop centre for sheet metal processing.
The objectives of this centre are to:
• Create an opportunity for industrial linkages between SMT and industries.
• Accommodate a conducive learning environment to trainees.
• Exhibit SMT’s capability and potential to meet sheet metal industry requirements.
The Sheet Metal Processing Technology Centre is equipped with:
-LVD Strippit V30 – 1225 with Pick-Sort Robotic and Skeleton Removal System
- Max. punching capacity: 30 tonnes
- Nominal sheet size: 1.2 m x 2.5 m (4’ x 8’)
- Punching accuracy: ± 0.1 mm
- Versatile 48-station thick turret
- Manual and automatic sheet loading and unloading system
- Programmable and relocatable clamps
- Automatic skeleton removal
-LVD Sirius 3015 with FA-L System
- CO2 laser type
- Laser power: 4000 W
- Sheet size up to 1.5 m x 3 m (5’ x 10’)
- Max. sheet thickness:
• mild steel 20 mm
• stainless steel 15 mm
• aluminium 10 mm
- Repetitive accuracy: ± 0.025 mm
- Manual and automatic sheet loading and unloading system (Flexible Automation)
What We Can Offer?
- We offer services in the scope of sheet metal product development and fabrication to industries.
- We also conduct short-term courses for sheet metal related modules.
- Apart from the technology centre, we are also equipped with other sheet metal processing machinery of various brands such as CNC 3D Laser Cutting Machine, CNC Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Machine, Pipe Bending Machine, Dieless Forming Machine and Surface Finishing Lab.